In a special Irenicast episode the team welcomes guest host Casey Comstock. Casey joins us this week to share a very personal story about raising a child with special needs. We hear from him the joys and difficulties that he and his wife face on a regular basis as they raise their wonderful daughter, Lily Kate. He also expresses his desire to help other families with special needs children and how we can help. We close this week’s show with another round of Jesus or Jay-Z.
To help Casey and his family start a service that would provide quality childcare for families with special needs children go to https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lkc-sitters. There you will receive all the information on LKC Sitters and how you can donate.
Show Open (00:17)
Discussion on Families with Special Needs Children (01:23)
Jesus or Jay-Z Segment (50:44)
From Our Conversation on Parents with Special Needs Children
- Subcortical Band Heterotopia (more information on Lily Kate’s condition)
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS) (a surgery Lily Kate recently underwent)
- Welcome to Holland by Emily Perl Kingsley (poem read by Casey)
- CNN Documentary on Charlotte's Web – Medical Marijuana Treating Seizure Disorders (YouTube Video)
- Medical Marijuana and Epilepsy (Information from Epilepsy.com)
- Lily Kate’s Journey (Casey’s wife Theresa’s Blog documenting Lily Kate’s Life)
From Our Jesus or Jay-Z Segment
- Best Friend by P. Diddy (YouTube Video)
- Feels Like by Jeremy Camp (YouTube Video)
- You Took My Heart by Usher (YouTube Video)
- Some Kind of Zombie by Audio Adrenaline (YouTube Video)
- He Loves Us by David Crowder Band (YouTube Video)
- To Kingdom Come by Passion Pit (YouTube Video)
Thank you so much to Casey Comstock for sharing his family’s story.
A big thank you to Mike Golin for our intro and outro music. Check out his band Soulwise.
We Want to Hear from You
Thank you for supporting the podcast! Your ratings, reviews and feedback are not only encouraging to us personally, but they help others find the show. If you appreciate the content we provide please rate, review and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and Stitcher.
Join our conversations on faith and culture by interacting with us through the following links:
Read Us on our blog An Irenicon
Email Us at email@example.com
Follow Us on Twitter and Google+
Like Us on Facebook
Listen to Us on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud and TuneIn
Speak to Us on our Feedback Page