A God's Not Dead 2 review is the subject of this bonus episode. Adam and Dylan are back and join Jeff for another addition of Divine SINema. This movie takes place in the same town as the first God’s Not Dead. It is about a teacher named Grace who is a Christian and a teacher at a public school called Martin Luther King Jr. High. During a lesson on the civil rights movement, a student asks about Jesus’ words in connection to Martin Luther King Jr. and Gandhi's non-violent protests. Grace answers by confirming that Martin Luther King Jr. especially was indeed influenced by the teaching of Jesus. When word gets out that Grace talked about Jesus in her classroom it leads to outrage among the school officials, community, and even the ACLU. Things escalate quickly causing Grace to face a jury of her peers for her actions. Ultimately it is Jesus himself that is put on trial.
Our next Divine SINema episode will be on Tuesday, November 29th and we will be reviewing the first ever rapture movie called If Footmen Tire You, What Will Horses Do (1971).
This movie is not available anywhere else but YouTube. If you would like to watch in preparation for our next Divine SINema you can watch If Footman Tire You, What Will Horses Do? here.
- Did the city of Houston, Texas, subpoena pastors' sermons as part of a crackdown on preaching against homosexuality? (Snopes Article)
- Melissa Joan Hart as Grace, the main character (Actor)
- A.C.L.U. – American Civil Liberties Union
- Lee Patrick Strobel, expert witness in film (Author)
- James “Jim” Warner Wallace, expert witness in film (Author)
- Ray Wise, prosecuting attorney in film (Actor)
- Let’s Debunk the “Christian Persecution” Court Cases That Inspired the “God’s Not Dead” Films (Article)
- Ernie Hudson, judge in the film (Actor)
- Fred Thompson (Actor and Former Senator)
- Last Days in the Desert (Film – Amazon Affiliate Link)
- At the Death House Door (Film – Amazon Affiliate Link)
- A Time to Kill (Film – Amazon Affiliate Link)
Thank you for listening to Irenicast. If you appreciate the show please consider sharing your appreciation by rating, reviewing and/or subscribing to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or whatever platform you’re listening on.
You can also help support the show financially by going to irenicast.com/amazon to do your Amazon shopping. This will cost you nothing, but Amazon will give a portion of the proceeds to the show.
ADD YOUR VOICE TO THE CONVERSATION
Join our post-evangelical conversations on faith and culture by interacting with us through the following links:
Read Us on our blog Irenicon
Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Us on Twitter and Google+
Like Us on Facebook
Listen & Subscribe to Us on iTunes, Google Play, Android, Stitcher, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Spreaker and SoundCloud
Speak to Us on our Feedback Page and the Post Evangelical Facebook Group
See Us on Instagram
Support Us on Amazon
Intro and Outro music created by Mike Golin.
This post may contain affiliate links. An Irenicon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com