Understanding rape culture is a vital issue today. What is rape culture? What reality does it reflect? When did it begin? Who is responsible for creating it? This week Jeff, Mona and Allen take on the difficult topic of rape culture and discuss it from both male and female perspectives. They also discuss theologies of sexuality and ending dominance, with an honest conversation about what the Bible may or may not offer for a contemporary sexual ethic. In the effort to take a break from heavy conversation, the team ends with a game of Sort of Scattergories.
Understanding Rape Culture Conversation (00:25)
Sorta Scattergories Segment (01:01:14)
From Our Understanding Rape Culture Conversation
- Rape Culture
- 1 In 3 College Men In Survey Say They Would Rape A Woman If They Could Get Away With It (Article)
- British police use tea as analogy for sexual consent (YouTube Video)
- Artist rape and war “History of Humanity” by Milo Manara (*WARNING* – Visually Graphic Image)
- Full Letter to the Judge by Dan Turner, Brock’s Father
- Fox Business host Lou Dobbs tweets phone number and address of Donald Trump sexual assault accuser (Article)
- Are Young Males Disengaging from Society? – The Case of the the Incredible Disappearing Men – 084 (Irenicast Episode)
- No Logo by Naomi Klein (Book – Amazon Affiliate Link)
Thank you for listening to Irenicast. If you appreciate the show please consider sharing your appreciation by rating, reviewing and/or subscribing to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or whatever platform you’re listening on.
You can also help support the show financially by going to irenicast.com/amazon to do your Amazon shopping. This will cost you nothing, but Amazon will give a portion of the proceeds to the show.
ADD YOUR VOICE TO THE CONVERSATION
Join our post-evangelical conversations on faith and culture by interacting with us through the following links:
Read Us on our blog Irenicon
Email Us at email@example.com
Follow Us on Twitter and Google+
Like Us on Facebook
Listen & Subscribe to Us on iTunes, Google Play, Android, Stitcher, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Spreaker and SoundCloud
Speak to Us on our Feedback Page and the Post Evangelical Facebook Group
See Us on Instagram
Support Us on Amazon
Intro and Outro music created by Mike Golin.