From rallying voter bases to post-election anxieties, the 2016 election, for many, has created an atmosphere of fear. The Irenicast hosts talk about the importance of dialogue rather than dismissal when it comes to engaging fears, the relationship between fear and privilege, as well as the role fear might play in control. The hosts challenge listeners to think outside the box when it comes to fear itself – to analyzing the impact fear has on us and what its real effects are.
From Our Atmosphere of Fear Conversation
- Election Night SNL Sketch with Dave Chappelle (YouTube)
- Post-election spate of hate crimes worse than post-9/11, experts say (Article)
- An Open Letter to Evangelicals Who Voted for Trump by Mona (Irenicon Blog Post)
- Google will soon ban fake news sites from using its ad network (Article)
- Kristallnacht “The Night of Broken Glass”
- Church Vandalized With Swastikas, ‘KKK,' ‘Go Home N*****,' and Set on Fire Twice in California (Article)
- Officials Are Fine With This Armed Trump Supporter Patrolling A Virginia Polling Place (Article)
- ‘Safety Pin' Solidarity Meme
- Fear processing in the brain
- Calls to crisis and suicide prevention hotlines surge post-election (Article)
Thank you for listening to Irenicast. If you appreciate the show please consider sharing your appreciation by rating, reviewing and/or subscribing to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or whatever platform you’re listening on.
You can also help support the show financially by going to irenicast.com/amazon to do your Amazon shopping. This will cost you nothing, but Amazon will give a portion of the proceeds to the show.
ADD YOUR VOICE TO THE CONVERSATION
Join our post-evangelical conversations on faith and culture by interacting with us through the following links:
Read Us on our blog Irenicon
Email Us at email@example.com
Follow Us on Twitter and Google+
Like Us on Facebook
Listen & Subscribe to Us on iTunes, Google Play, Android, Stitcher, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Spreaker and SoundCloud
Speak to Us on our Feedback Page and the Post-Evangelical Facebook Group
See Us on Instagram
Support Us on Amazon
Intro and Outro music created by Mike Golin.