Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas is our movie for this edition of Divine SINema. Allen and Mona take the week off and Adam and Dylan step in to discuss with Jeff this truly awful Christmas film.
Through a conversation with his sister, Kirk learns his brother-in-law, Christian, is not into Christmas this year. We come to find out that he is struggling with the fact that Christmas Trees, Santa and presents have hijacked Christmas from Jesus and the Bible. After finding that Christian has retreated from the party to his car, Kirk begins a conversation with him that will change everything. They exchange “witty banter” and Kirk gives several separate mini sermons dealing with the Biblical justification of the Christmas tree and historical justification of Santa. Ultimately Christian’s Christmas spirit is restored and the party kicks into high gear.
Our next Divine SINema episode will be on Tuesday, January and we will be reviewing Christian Mingle the movie. Yes, that’s right. Christian Mingle. The movie. This movie is available on Netflix streaming.
From Our Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas Review
- Jewel of the Nile (1985 Film)
- Romancing the Stone (1984 Film)
- Family Force 5 (Contemporary Christian Group)
- Adam Ruins Everything (YouTube Channel)
- Retooning the Nativity (Igniter Christmas Video)… clips from this video were used in the opening credits of Saving Christmas
- The Strawman Fallacy (Idea Channel Video from PBS Digital Studios)
- Kirk Cameron says ‘Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas’ is the target of an atheist conspiracy (Article)
- On the St. Nick Punch (Blog Post)
- Negan (Character from the Walking Dead)
- Pagan Christianity by Tyndale Momentum (Book – Amazon Affiliate Link)
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989 Film)
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966 Animated TV Special)
- The Ref (1994 Film)
Thank you for listening to Irenicast. If you appreciate the show please consider sharing your appreciation by rating, reviewing and/or subscribing to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or whatever platform you’re listening on.
You can also help support the show financially by going to irenicast.com/amazon to do your Amazon shopping. This will cost you nothing, but Amazon will give a portion of the proceeds to the show.
ADD YOUR VOICE TO THE CONVERSATION
Join our post-evangelical conversations on faith and culture by interacting with us through the following links:
Read Us on our blog Irenicon
Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Us on Twitter and Google+
Like Us on Facebook
Listen & Subscribe to Us on iTunes, Google Play, Android, Stitcher, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Spreaker and SoundCloud
Speak to Us on our Feedback Page and the Post Evangelical Facebook Group
See Us on Instagram
Support Us on Amazon
Intro and Outro music created by Mike Golin.