In our 100th episode, we take time to reflect on the past, present and future of the show. Jeff, Mona and Allen share about who they were when the show started and reflect on what’s changed. They also share their favorite episodes and segments with other listeners who tuned in for our live recording on Facebook.
After 100 straight weeks of episodes, Irenicast will be taking a bit of a break. We will have an occasional episode over the next coming weeks, but not on a weekly basis until we return from our break. Make sure not to miss anything during our break by liking and following us on our social media pages. The links for all of those are at the bottom of the show notes or on irenicast.com. We will be back!
Divine Sinema is spinning off into its own podcast. It will be no longer Divine Sinema with an ‘S’, but simply Divine Cinema. We will not just look at the bad side of faith-based movies, but look at all films with faith themes. To keep up to date on information about when the new podcast will officially launch you can follow us on Twitter at @divinecinemapod.
From Our Past, Present and Future Reflection
- Responding to the Global Environmental Crisis – Green Eggs and Traffic Jams – 046 (Irenicast Episode)
- Getting Intelligent About Emotions – A Review of Inside Out – 058 (Irenicast Episode)
- The Call of God to Life – Dr. Patrick B. Reyes Author of Nobody Cries When We Die – 098 (Irenicast Episode)
- The Chris Farley Show – Paul McCartney (NBC SNL Video)
- Farm to Communion Table – A Conversation with Zachary & Christy of Simple Church – 070 (Irenicast Episode)
- Beer Church – Guest Co-Host Jeff – 075 (Irenicast Episode)
- The Story of Gentle Thursday – Loss, Language and Feminist Theology – Guest Hosts Kat & Dr. Debbie – 072 (Irenicast Episode)
- God and Aliens – The Universe Doesn’t Revolve Around You, Probably – 032 (Irenicast Episode)
- Engaging Video Game Culture – Evangelism, Exercise and Excess – 093 (Irenicast Episode)
- Firewatch (Video Game – Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Sacred v Secular Series – Episodes 024, 025 & 026 (Irenicast Episodes)
- Interpreting the Bible Series – Episodes 063, 064 & 065 (Irenicast Episodes)
- Leaving Evangelicalism – BONUS Episode – 001.5 (Irenicast Episode on Church History)
- Loneliness and Isolation – Baby It’s Cold Inside – 040 (Irenicast Episode)
- Families with Special Needs Children – Lily Kate’s Story with Guest Host Casey Comstock – 022 (Irenicast Episode)
- On the Nature of Beauty – Beauty within the Beast – 016 (Irenicast Episode)
- Active Listening – Can You Hear Me Now? – 021 (Irenicast Episode)
- Joey Aszterbaum Interview – Skypark, Deconstruction and Sloths – 049 (Irenicast Episode)
- Favorite Irenicast Segments
- Can A Person Have Multiple Religious Identities? An Interview with Lauren Andrea-Lucia – 085 (Irenicast Episode)
- Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard (Book – Amazon Affiliate Link)
- The Stories Behind the Rhetoric – An Interview with Immigration Lawyer Amber Heffner – 051 (Irenicast Episode)
Thank you to all of our listeners for your continued support for the show. We are so grateful that many of you find so much value in our podcast.
And thank you especially to all of those that tuned in live on Facebook for our first outing on a live recording. Although we had a couple technical bumps in the road we appreciate you sticking with it and participating in the conversation.
Thank you for listening to Irenicast. If you appreciate the show please consider sharing your appreciation by rating, reviewing and/or subscribing to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or whatever platform you’re listening on.
You can also help support the show financially by going to irenicast.com/amazon to do your Amazon shopping. This will cost you nothing, but Amazon will give a portion of the proceeds to the show.
ADD YOUR VOICE TO THE CONVERSATION
Join our post-evangelical conversations on faith and culture by interacting with us through the following links:
Read Us on our blog Irenicon
Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Us on Twitter and Google+
Like Us on Facebook
Listen & Subscribe to Us on iTunes, Google Play, Android, Stitcher, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Spreaker and SoundCloud
Speak to Us on our Feedback Page and the Post Evangelical Facebook Group
See Us on Instagram
Support Us on Amazon
Intro and Outro music created by Mike Golin.